1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

huh.....?White/Milky lookin?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by 1234duck, Feb 10, 2011.

1. 1234duck

1234duck Chillin' With My Peeps

Yesterday I noticed on the ground (only where the ducks stay) some White/Milky looking, liquid. Not just a little blob like duck poop & I only noticed it in one spot, Not All over/every where... ~Also, last week the Rouen drake & hen & GC hen were all swimming, while the drake kept trying to Breed both hens, SHORTLY AFTER when they got out of the water I seen the drake had some White-ish liquid come out like when they go poop. I'm sure its NOT poop. Whats going on? [​IMG] {{Ummmm...IS it Time For The Ducks & The Bees Talk? Thanks, Julie

Last edited: Feb 10, 2011
  2. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    Ducks can still have different kinds of poop. They dont urinate like mammals- so it may have been the duck equivalent that you saw. It is often white milky looking fluid.

3. TLWR

TLWR Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    southern AL
    I have 3 girls and noticed that one day when they were getting it on while on the deck...

4. HamandLily

HamandLily Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2011
    England, UK
    Duck 'urine' comes out as white bits in solid poos, or as white milky liquid in runny poos.

They also secrete white milky liquid before and during intercourse.

It's nothing to worry about [​IMG]

5. DuckyMom

DuckyMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2010
    Upstate NY
    I was goign to post somethign about this today! and here was this thread! my pen was covered in it.... and when i picked up my runner girl she started leaking what ever this is from her vent. i assumed it was poo. but i wasnt sure... it seemed more like it could be puss or something...
    Emily

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by