1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

hullo people

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by SquawkingEagle, Aug 25, 2016.

1. SquawkingEagle

SquawkingEagle Just Hatched

Aug 25, 2016
    texas
    hello peoples as u most likely guessed im new...yay. I have 4 Whole ducks (there snowy mallards) there all boys, they enjoy ganging up on my 4 chickens and doing naughty things. luckily my chickens had a growth spurt are bigger then my ducks, and my ducks now leave them alone (i wonder why). The ducks also enjoy biting my dogs ankles. They flee from me when i try to catch one, i have to military crawl through grass and dirt, (and since it rained, mud) then snatch them. After i catch them and am able to hold them there completely content (or just so scared they don't know what to do except freeze) now when i put the one i was holding down it rushes to its brothers and they all talk to each other (quack, if you prefer that) there probably saying something along the lines of,

Duck 1: "Omgg shes so TERRIBLE she held me!!!"

Duck 2: "yea she feeds us everyday and refills our pool all the time in the texas heat of the summer ITS HORRIBLE!!!!!"

Duck 3: "yes shes so evil....OH NO HERE SHE COMES"

Duck 4: "RUNNNN"

-is just walking to turn off the hose-

Now my chickens are okay i used to have 6 but a darn chihuahua murdered 2 of them, i found there rotting corpses in the back of my yard, how lovely
    My chickens do sometimes chase after me, and theirs a look it there eye that just says "ive hurt more people then you could dream of"

now i also have 6 lovely chicks who actually like me and follow me, in the nice way

other then poultry i have 2 dogs 1 cat and 1 "pot belly" pig.

i pretty much only talked about my pets......

no matter how terrible my pets are i still love em' all

2. limited25

limited25 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2016
    Oklahoma
    [​IMG]

LOL ... that was a hilarious story .... now I'm glad I only have chickens! Glad you got some new chicks.

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas and :welcome. Pleased you joined our community! Best of luck with your chicks and ducks!

4. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    [​IMG]

Cute. I wonder what our chickens think of me. Only sometimes. I think they think most of the time....where are the treats? Ey?

5. SquawkingEagle

Aug 25, 2016
    texas
    lol

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens.

7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC!

8. DwayneNLiz

DwayneNLiz ...lost... Premium Member

Jun 18, 2013
    NH
    Welcome! And watch out for the drakes having their way with you chicken hens, their anatomy is VERY different and can severely hurt a chicken

Best of luck!!!

9. SquawkingEagle

Aug 25, 2016
    texas
    ah yes i read about that, ill keep a close eye on them :3

10. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by