Human medical problems......... Does anyone have/know these symptoms?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by angelmarie, Jul 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. angelmarie

angelmarie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2008
    bakersfield
    Since i was about 12, i'd get dizzy when i stood up too quickly, and couldn't see for a few seconds, everything would go black. It would happen more during hot days. Lately its been getting worse, chest pains, and my right arm would feel like when you put pressure on it and it has that tingly feeling for no reason. I went to the doctor and they didn't do or say much other than it could be inherited, and that some people can't handle the drop in blood pressure, and that it causes a temporary loss of blood/oxygen going to the brain. Well, not too long ago today my heart kept skipping, off and on for about a half hour, which would cause pain in my head. It finally stopped, but my head still hurts, my arm is tingly(even as i write this), and i feel kinda dizzy/tired. Does anyone have a clue on what it could be, its getting progessively worse almost by the day....... [​IMG]

2. smith2

smith2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2008
    Paris, TN
    As a previous nurse, you need to see a Cardiologist. I sounds like it could be cardiac related or vascular in nature. It needs to be checked out. Don't let doctors put you off. Women tend to be treated like chronic complainers when they have very ligitimate problems. I'll bet if you were a business man with lots of money you would have been sent to a cardiologist by now. Go ASAP and have it checked out.

3. angelmarie

Jun 3, 2008
    bakersfield
    ok thank you so much, my uncles an RN too, but he has alot to deal w/ and i didn't want to bother him. I'll try and get an appointment 1st thing monday.

4. can you hear me now?

can you hear me now? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    Southwest Missouri
    I have heard of this before. I have a friend at work that had this problem at age 27 and he went to the doctors office and now there is no problem. If it were me i would insist that something is wrong and that it can be corrected. As for the tingly arms and heart, there are a few things that could be going on there. Arms tingling could be the sign of an impending stroke, or a pinched nerve. Please don't get worried I am definately not a doctor, just giving what I know about that. My wife has degenerative disc disease in her back. THis is pinching her nerves and she has almost no feeling in her left leg. Some people also get anxiety and this could be your problem with heartbeat. Not saying you are a nervous person but anxiety can be caused by many things and there are plenty of medicines that can correct the problem.

5. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    Eat a jumbo candy bar and see if you feel better. Are you in shape or overweight?
    Those symptoms are of many different things so someone guessing on a forum is
    a scary way to proceed. You need bloodwork done ASAP.

6. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    First off, you have hypotension. That means that you don't jump out of bed, you sit up, and dangle your feet for a few minutes.
    Yours must be really bad. With symptoms like that, I would NOT let any doc blow me off. You could be having cardiac problems. In fact your symptoms sound more like cardiac, excluding the hypotension symptoms of getting up quick.
    I would get a full checkup of your heart. Do not let them just tell you oh its nothing.
    Oh yea, I'm an RN

7. angelmarie

Jun 3, 2008
    bakersfield
    i'm not overweight, and haven't had a real history of this in my family, although my grandpa had kind of mini strokes but he took asprin and they went away. Its a funny thing the candy bar was brought up because when i feel like this ill eat something with sugar in it and it usually goes away.

8. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    Quote:Hypoglycemia

9. angelmarie

Jun 3, 2008
    bakersfield
    Quote:i thought about that too, when i'd test it at the pharmecy it said it was in pre-hypertension range, i thought i might have been hypo-glycemic maybe, or diebetic, but i'm thinking its more about blood circulation

10. seismic wonder2

seismic wonder2 I got mad ninja skills

Feb 3, 2007
    san diego ca
    How much exercise do you take? How often?
    Do you get irratable after not eating for a while? Just before breakfast?
    Do you practice "dieting"?
    Any food allergies?
    "Mold" in your house?

While you are at the Dr. Have them test your Iron levels.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by