1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Humane society chicken...added a pic

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by mrsengeseth, Nov 19, 2008.

1. mrsengeseth

mrsengeseth Chillin' With My Peeps

she laid a few at the facility. She'd been there since the 7th. I got her the15th. She hasn't laid an egg since she came to my house. Do you think she will get into a routine and lay one, or do you think her stress level has got to be too high right now. She IS quarantined, but can hear...and chatter back and fourth with...our oldest girls as well as the babies in the other direction. Do you suppose she will lay one before long?

She's a RIR, her face is really red. She squats when you pet her. SHe has a favorite spot to hang out during the day and a nest box and a roost pole. She's on Layer feed with fresh veggie, seed treats and so on.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2008
  2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

She'll lay again when she feels settled. Still, the days are shorter now, so she may be a little slow to start back up. Glad you have her now!

3. mrsengeseth

phew, i was worried all this mess may have been a little too much traumatic for her. [​IMG]

4. speckledhen

Cant wait to see pics of her! [​IMG]

5. mrsengeseth

Quote:I thought I had posted a pic...hmmm, oh well, I love her to bits so i don't mind posting her pic again (if i did and just can't find the pic)

[​IMG]

6. sweetshoplady

sweetshoplady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Venice, Florida
    What a pretty lady! How fortunate she got a new loving home!

7. Jena

Jena The Welsh Witch

Nov 2, 2008
    Cardiff
    How lovely,

she looks so sweet and it is amazing that she has a good new home.

best wishes for you and her.

Jena.

8. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    She sure is a pretty girl. Thank you for saving her. I bet she is so happy now. Best wishes being sent to both of You.

9. speckledhen

She looks like a sweetheart. I'm sure she'll be laying again soon. She may also be molting this time of year and that would slow down the eggs, too.

10. dixiechick

dixiechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Good for you (and her)! I'l bet she can't believe her good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by