Humbling moments..........................

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by bargain, Dec 2, 2009.

1. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    10 years ago in December, I was volunteering with the church giving boxes of "christmas fixings" to families......Well, it had been a long day....Double checking the supplies, running to the store to get more items when more families were added, calling the volunteers, making last minute substitutions for them, making the boxes and wrapping them, and then one of the last families walked in the door. All I wanted was to get to a warm house as the door had been opening all day and pouring in 30 degree weaher which was a cold day for Georgia. My smile was wearing thin...

A family walked in with 4 young children....The children were so happy and smiling....But after I welcomed them and began to do my volunteer work, I looked down because I dropped my pen..............

Then I saw that all the children were without shoes or even socks, not even a flip flop....Barefoot on such a night and only 2 had any kind of jacket and it looked like their mom's/dad's as Mom and Dad had no jackets.

The eldest son, who looked about 6 was the most talkative and when he saw that the basket had bananas in it. He clapped his hands and jumped up and down like he had found Gold!

"Look y'all, we're gonna have boonanas" in his accent........"I jest looooooooooove bunanas....I ain't had any in a long time....This is soo good. "......................

I started crying.....and he said "Lady, whut's wrong with you"........

I snuffled up and just said "I have something in my eye"...................

Well, his small voice said, "That's me" as he continued to grin and then to laugh out loud.

And he was right...........
    ...............................................................................................................................................

Anyone else every have any humbling moments?

(Please don't copy this without my permission as I'm doing some writings lately and hope to expand this and make it part of an article/book....)

2. CedarRidgeChicks

CedarRidgeChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2009
    Adair Co.Ky
    brings tears to my eyes just to read it..my how God can humble us..yes I have had a similar situation..can't tell it now..check your pms later

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by