Humidifier, which one?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by punk-a-doodle, May 12, 2011.

1. punk-a-doodle

punk-a-doodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    Hmm, hmm, hmm. Mulling over humidity lately for a home made bator. Has anyone tried both the air pump (set inside the bator) + air stone set up to raise humidity as well as tried an ultrasonic fog maker set up? Which one raises humidity more? If I go with the first, I'm thinking of using those weighted bubble wands, a large one. Even if you've only tried one or the other, any input and opinions would be great! What size air pumps/foggers did you use, and what did you get your humidity up to?

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I am not a homemade bator kind of a gal, but here is a bump!

3. gumbii

gumbii Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2010
    bell gardens, ca
    there was someone using a reptifogger on a humidity controller on here somewhere... maybe they'll chime in... if not, search...

4. punk-a-doodle

punk-a-doodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    Thanks guys. Did a search for everything I could think of related to it, and found great detailing on how to build both, but not many specifics about how effective either one was, or how they worked long term. Wonder too if the foggers fog up the windows... Any input is much appreciated. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by