Humidity At Pipping

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by startrooper3, Jul 5, 2010.

1. startrooper3

startrooper3 New Egg

Jul 5, 2010
    [​IMG] Hello, everyone, this is the second time I have incubated any eggs. The first time I borrowed a manual incubator and the eggs did not hatch. This time I have a King Suro R-Com 20 self humidifying incubator. I am on day 22 and have Golden Pheasant eggs and Quail. The recommendations from the supplier state that the eggs need to be kept at a humidity level off 45% for both these breeds and at 65% at pipping. I am not convinced because it says 65% for all the eggs whether you are hatching chickens or ducks!!! In my book it states 75% - Can the humidity be too high at the pipping and hatching stage? Has anyone used a King Suro R-Com 20 and successfully hatched Northern Bobwhite Quail and Golden pheasant in it? Many thanks, S

2. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    When I move my bobwhites to the hatcher, I keep it around 65%. Bobwhites are really easy to hatch, as long as you don't open the hatcher during the hatch. The humidity naturally increases as chicks begin to hatch and they pop like popcorn in there once they get started. Good luck with your hatch.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by