humidity cannot rise!! please help

muans

Chirping
Aug 4, 2020
under the egg tray i put one rectangular shape tray with a sponge and water and near the heat emiiters i put a square bowl with sponge and water too..is my hygrometer not accurate ?? well the temperature are not the same with this device and my other thermometer which i put at the side

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    415.9 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 9
Have you thought about trying a dry hatch? With your ambient humidity, you might do well with only adding some water after lockdown.

What does your hygrometer read? Have you salt tested it?

Have you thought about trying a dry hatch? With your ambient humidity, you might do well with only adding some water after lockdown.

so it's like this if i switch the fan with high speed the humidity is 55-57 and if no fan condensation starts to form..and i i switch the fan a bit slow then the temperature drops again

right now hygrometer measures 58%

If that's accurate, your humidity is too high. That's about where I would want it when the eggs start to pip. During incubation I would try to keep it around 30%.
they are supposed to hatch on this cominh sunday and i am now in the lockdown..this is fisrt time with hygrometer..the humidity about 58 is high at hatching times?

Oh, no. 58 is just about perfect for hatching. They humidity will often rise on its own as they start to hatch, I've found. There's a lot of moisture in those eggs.

oh thanks so much..but here's what happened..when i turn off the fan the humidity went as high as 95 and condensation starts to rise and temperature even drops a lot..but when i switch on the fan the temperature went higher to around 98-100f but the humidity level drop to 55-60%..what needs to figure out is what i do not know

oh thanks so much..but here's what happened..when i turn off the fan the humidity went as high as 95 and condensation starts to rise and temperature even drops a lot..but when i switch on the fan the temperature went higher to around 98-100f but the humidity level drop to 55-60%..what needs to figure out is what i do not know
Keep the fan going. If the humidity gets that high, the eggs won't hatch or they'll have defects.

Keep the fan going. If the humidity gets that high, the eggs won't hatch or they'll have defects.
okay..btw one chick that is assist hatching last week is a pharoah coturnix quail and as she started ti feather out there is a white feather at the tip of the wings..what could be this? her parents have no white feather at all

Back
Top Bottom