humidity control in sportsman or dickey incubator

LocoPollo

Songster
Aug 13, 2008
Ellijay, GA
I am working on my humidity in my new dickey incubator. i have the humidity setup, with a water pan in the incubator and a tub on top. how do you adjust the humidity with this? even if I add more water I would think the surface area would be the same and thus the humidity would be the same. My humidity is at 40 percent at the moment. that is fine for incubating but low for hatching. what ways can I increase/control humidity with this type of setup? thanks!

I add another pan in the front and/or bottom with sponges or pads for more surface area. You just have to play with it to get what works for your set-up.

I have a Dickey. I use the humidity pan, but I cover part of it with aluminum foil, leaving only some of the water exposed. I keep my humidity at 60%, and up it to 65% at day 18, and this has been working for me.

Paula:)

Quote:
I just realized you don't need to lower your humidity. Mine was too high, so that 's why I did the foil. Yes, I would definitely add another pan to increase the surface area. There is enough room on the shelf for another pan or bowl.Paula

Quote:
Covering the pan partly would lessen humidity, right? right now my one pan is totally open and my humidity is 40. Do you have a second pan?

Quote:
Covering the pan partly would lessen humidity, right? right now my one pan is totally open and my humidity is 40. Do you have a second pan?

Sorry, see my above post.

Paula

Yea actually the back two vents are open 1/3 each per the instructions, and the hole in the side is closed by the water tube from the bucket on top. I can close the vents, but then there would be no ventilation at all i dont think. is that ok?

Back
Top Bottom