Humidity- Dickey Incubator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by jimmyl, Jan 2, 2011.

1. jimmyl

jimmyl New Egg

Jan 2, 2011
    Hi I am new to this forum. It is great to read the articles being placed here. I am just getting started and have set about 150 quail eggs a week ago. I would like to know what the humidity should read on the temperature/ hygrometer that comes with the Dickey incubator. Can someone please share this with me. Thanks

2. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

I'll incubate quail eggs at about 35% humidity for 16 days, & when I stop turning, I'll bump it up to about 60%.

Sorry,..... [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2011
  3. Farmergreen

Farmergreen Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2010
    What Kind of Quail are they. I hatched 140 this last spring. Most are living in the woods behind the house.

I don't have any way of keeping up with the humidity. I keep a pan of water in front of the coil with the fan blowing over it from day one.
    I get about 60% in the winter and as high as 80% in the spring and summer. I think this is due to fertility more than anything.
    I set as many as 300 eggs at a time. As few as a dozen so I got eggs cookin all the time.

Bantum hatch averages are a lttle lower but not much.

4. jimmyl

jimmyl New Egg

Jan 2, 2011
    They are the Corturnix. This is my first setting with my new incubator. I am planning on setting some Georgia Giants bobwhites next.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by