Humidity for chicken eggs?

bock

Songster
11 Years
Oct 10, 2008
Northern CA
I have had my 14 chicken eggs in the bator for 3 days, with my two 8 day old chicken eggs. When I get home from work, and during the night humidity drops to 30%!
hmm.png
I was trying to keep it in the 50% range, but I can't adjust it all the time.
hmm.png
Will the flectuations effect my hatch?

P.s I have been using the dry method, squirting the wire on the bottom with water when needed.
smile.png

30% wont hurt them , I shoot for 40-45% the first 18 days and 60% or more on the last 3 days . Good luck
Oh and I am useing a LG still air for incubation and a home made styro cooler bator for hatching.

I only have one hatch under my belt and it was 100% but it was only one egg
wink.png

I have 14/14 eggs on day 19 <Local>and 11/24 eggs on day 14< these were shipped to OR from NH when it was very cold. and 5/12<lots of clears i think there mostly unfertle> or so eggs on day 9 or so and 5/6 eggs on day 5 <shipped>
tongue.png
edited sorry I cant tell with one egg.

Last edited:
Incubators are not meant to be operated "dry"
Fill the tray in the bottom of the incubator. Also what are you using to measure the humidity?

I dont operate mine dry it always has water in it, I use the main water resevoir and keep it around 1/3rd of the way full give or take . It will matter where you live and what the huimidty in youre house as to how much water makes 45% or what not some may only need half of what I use some may need twice as much to hit 45% but go with the experts Im new to this.

I started with water in the trays, but the humidity was 70%!!!
hmm.png

P.s the outside air is currently 52%.
smile.png

Quote:
I run my LG still air dry, and I have had 85+90% hatch rates with shipped eggs, and 95-100% with my own. BUT...I live in Florida, and the humidity stays in the 30's in my incubator.

Back
Top Bottom