Humidity help please???

tigercreek

Songster
9 Years
Nov 30, 2010
Edgefield county South Carolina
My Coop
My Coop
I just started up my homemade incubator and am doing a dry run. It's been going about 6 hours and the temp is holding great, but the humidity is at 71%. I live in Florida and and the daily humidity is bouncing between 65 to 85%. How can I get the bator humidity down to 50% when the atmospheric is so high?? I know that there are people in Fla that hatch eggs??? thanks all........stan

Edit to say : I have not put any water in there, this is atmospheric.

Last edited:
What is it made of? I would drill a few holes in the side to let more air in.
thumbsup.gif

Edited to add. Did you calibrate your hygrometer to see if it reading correctly?

Last edited:
I don't know about letting more air in?? The atmospheric air is 75%! It is made of 3/4 inch plywood, weatherstripping at all openings, and spring latches. Kind of thinking that it will dry out with it running at temp for some time longer?? I may need to post on the Fla. thread, but expect it would be moved to here by moderator......stan

Quote:
I often hatch in my basement in Illinois. Humidity runs 65% or more and seemed to cause some issues. I now run a dehumidifier - for chicks and basement health. Several 100% hatches since the change. I'd say it worked. Any chance you can dehumidify your hatch room? Never lived in Florida, so don't know how hard it would be. Good luck.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom