Humidity in incubator for bobwhite quail eggs?

stormylady

Songster
11 Years
Dec 27, 2008
Illinois
Hi, I ordered the 1588 Genesis incubator and they included 30 Bobwhite quail eggs, I haven't gotten them yet, but they sent the bator, said eggs would come seperately. Im trying to learn how to get the temp and humidity right before the eggs arrive but I dont know what Humidity I need to try and get, so any info. on hatching quail eggs would be terrific! Thanks Stormy!

60% for the first 20 days of incubation. On the last three days the humidity should b raised to about 75%.The temperature for bobwhite quail is 99.5°F for forced air incubators and 102°F for still-air incubators.

Thank you, so I will try and get the humidity at 60 % and try and keep it there until the eggs get here. However I don't really know when that will be, but hopefully soon?
Thanks again Sandy

Quote:
Stop the turner on day 21. Youre very welcome. Hope you have a very successful hatch.
smile.png

Quote:
I'm new but I think you remove the turner and place eggs directly on the wirescreen for the last few days along with higher humidity.

Hi ok i got the incubator started up and been going for a while, well since about 7 am it is now 5:44 pm and the temp is 100.2 and the humidity is at 54% according to the digital hygrometer) should I give it more time to get to 60% or do I add more water? I just filled the big C shaped trough should I have filled more and what about the temp for bobwhite is that too high? it is a genesis 1588 with turner. Thanks Sandy

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom