Humidity in incubator for bobwhite quail eggs?

Discussion in 'Quail' started by stormylady, Feb 14, 2009.

1. stormylady

stormylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    Hi, I ordered the 1588 Genesis incubator and they included 30 Bobwhite quail eggs, I haven't gotten them yet, but they sent the bator, said eggs would come seperately. Im trying to learn how to get the temp and humidity right before the eggs arrive but I dont know what Humidity I need to try and get, so any info. on hatching quail eggs would be terrific! Thanks Stormy!

2. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    60% for the first 20 days of incubation. On the last three days the humidity should b raised to about 75%.The temperature for bobwhite quail is 99.5°F for forced air incubators and 102°F for still-air incubators.

3. stormylady

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    Thank you, so I will try and get the humidity at 60 % and try and keep it there until the eggs get here. However I don't really know when that will be, but hopefully soon?
    Thanks again Sandy

4. stormylady

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    OH and about the automatic turner? should I stop the turner on day 20 also? Thanks so much. Stormy

5. B. Saffles Farms

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Quote:Stop the turner on day 21. Youre very welcome. Hope you have a very successful hatch. [​IMG]

6. stormylady

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    thank you Bsaffles youve been a great help!

7. B. Saffles Farms

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Youre very welcome. Glad I could help.

8. jontowns

jontowns Out Of The Brooder

Jan 11, 2009
    Quote:I'm new but I think you remove the turner and place eggs directly on the wirescreen for the last few days along with higher humidity.

9. stormylady

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    Thank you! Sandy

10. stormylady

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    Hi ok i got the incubator started up and been going for a while, well since about 7 am it is now 5:44 pm and the temp is 100.2 and the humidity is at 54% according to the digital hygrometer) should I give it more time to get to 60% or do I add more water? I just filled the big C shaped trough should I have filled more and what about the temp for bobwhite is that too high? it is a genesis 1588 with turner. Thanks Sandy

Last edited: Feb 17, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by