Humidity in lockdown fluctuating

meghanraes

Hatching
5 Years
Dec 29, 2014
Hello, first time incubating and just put first chicken eggs in bator for lockdown on day 18 the eggs are rocking ...my gauge read 78 at first now it's steady around 68/70 (I'm on day 20) will the drastic fluctuations harm eggs? Temp is also changing a bit stays between 99.5-100.2 is this fluctuation ok?

Hi :welcome

Everything sounds ok, try not to worry. 65% or above is the reccomended humidity for lockdown so yours sounds great. At this stage in incubation the chicks are well formed and producing heat for themselves so small temp changes as you are describing will be ok.

Hope you have some action soon the rocking is very encouraging. Wishing you the very best of luck with your hatch and hope you enjoy BYC :thumbsup

Last edited:
Thanks after posting this the chick was chirping and made an external pip! I couldn't be happier!!! I love this site and thanks for the quick reply!!!

Hi :welcome

Everything sounds ok, try not to worry. 65% or above is the reccomended humidity for lockdown so yours sounds great. At this stage in incubation the chicks are well formed and producing heat for themselves so small temp changes as you are describing will be ok.

Hope you have some action soon the rocking is very encouraging. Wishing you the very best of luck with your hatch and hope you enjoy BYC :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom