Humidity in the Nurture Right 360

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Luvthemchicks, May 24, 2019.

1. Luvthemchicks

Luvthemchicks Hatching

May 24, 2019
    Hi! I have eggs in the nurture right 360 in my classroom. During the day I see the humidity staying steady at 53/54% but this morning I got here early and it was down to 30%! Should I worry?! I’m on day 3.
    Also, anyone with experience with this incubator, do you NEED to add water daily? The little A dispenser always has water in it, I don’t want to overdue it!! Thank you for any and all feedback!!!

2. SunHwaKwon

SunHwaKwon Crowing

Jul 19, 2015
    Coastal Bend, TX
    No, 30% is fine. I usually like to be at 30-40% until they start pipping. I have the same incubator btw.

FoodFreedomNow and Luvthemchicks like this.
  3. Luvthemchicks

Luvthemchicks Hatching

May 24, 2019
    Thank you! Do you add water everyday? It seems overkill to me, but want to make sure they are fine!!

4. SunHwaKwon

SunHwaKwon Crowing

Jul 19, 2015
    Coastal Bend, TX
    No, I've hatched so much that I tend to not fuss as much anymore unless I have really expensive or otherwise "special" eggs in there. I probably check around every other day. Where do you live? Is it very humid there? Of course, AC dries out the air so take that into account too.

5. SunHwaKwon

SunHwaKwon Crowing

Jul 19, 2015
    Coastal Bend, TX
    Oh and if it already has full wells there isn't much else you need to do. I wouldn't add any to the second well until hatch time.

6. Luvthemchicks

Luvthemchicks Hatching

May 24, 2019
    Thank you so much! I’m in Washington, a little humid this time of year but not bad!!
    I probably wouldn’t worry as much if I didn’t have a bunch of 7 year olds waiting to see baby chicks!!! Lol! Thanks again, you put my mind at ease!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: