humidity is at 71

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by tmpshrty96, Aug 8, 2009.

1. tmpshrty96

tmpshrty96 Songster

Jul 24, 2009
    3 chicks just hatched and the humidity is now at 71 is that ok for the 1 that are still in the eggs or can it drown them? also can that hurt the newborn chicks?

2. Hi Trevor! Congratulations!
    Were the ones still in the eggs set the same time as the already hatched/hatching ones? If they were all set the same time, the higher humidity won't hurt them.
    Good luck! I hope the rest pop out!
    Lisa

3. 2txmedics

2txmedics Songster

Jul 5, 2009
    Manvel Texas
    Humidity is fine...mine ran between 65%-77%...after the 18th day...alot depended on the outside weather...we are in Texas....I still have eggs that need hatching...yesterday was the hatch date....have 10 to go still, not a movement at all...no zipping NOTHING....2 buffs had a hard time coming out of the shell, they were dry, I had to help them, very very weak but one is up and jumping around...bald or nake which ever you want to call it...the other still in the recovery mode....GOOD LUCK...keep us posted.

what I have so far:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Fighter before he was up and running, scared me:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    you can see the other behind it that also struggled

Last edited: Aug 8, 2009
  4. tmpshrty96

tmpshrty96 Songster

Jul 24, 2009
    thanks. my mom decided to wack up the temperature by turning it wide open cuz it was a lil low!!!!!!!!! it took forever to get it back to normal. it would go up then it would go down!! i had 1 egg that made a hole before i woke up and then 3 others hatched and that 1 still hadnt moved so i got nervous and picked it up and helped it...i seen no blood so continued to help it all the way out. and it is actualy doing really well. i kno that is just luck though so i will never do that again without atleast waiting 24 hours after it pips

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: