humidity levels

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by lynchy1977, Aug 17, 2010.

1. lynchy1977

lynchy1977 New Egg

Aug 17, 2010
    thorpe st peter
    can someone please tell me the right humidity level for chicken eggs from day 1 to 18 and from day 18 to 21 please i am new to this and all the sites i have been on all say different levels thanks.

2. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Well, my instructions say 45-60% for days 1 - 18, and 65-75% for days 18-21.

3. lynchy1977

lynchy1977 New Egg

Aug 17, 2010
    thorpe st peter
    thanks for that feel better now my temp is at 37.5 and the humidity is at 56% thanks again for your help

4. puredelite

puredelite Chillin' With My Peeps

While on the subject of humidity... I am thinking of going "hi-tech" and adding hygrometers to my LG's. Maybe monitoring the humidity will improve my hatch rate? Anyway, anyone know the best type to use for the LG's and where to buy them?

5. TyrannosaurusChix

TyrannosaurusChix Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2010
    Savannah, NY
    Quote:you can buy them at tractory supply. they cost 42 or 43 dollars. the turners cost the same.

if you want some free unsolicited advice (LOL)

i would buy a pack of sponges from walmart and cut them into strips to fit into the water wells in the bottom of the incubator, get some clean, new, or never used fish tank plastic tubing and run it from the well in between the sponges to one of the small premade air holes on the top of the bator. Tractor supply also sells syringes( with no needle) i use the biggest one... for 1.99 and fill it with water. When i need to add it all i need to do is push the plunger. it works great! i hae two lg bators hooked up this way!!!

Here is a picture.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by