Humidity need help...

shangri-lafarms

Songster
11 Years
Apr 24, 2008
NY-Upstate Adirondacks
I have a brand new 2008 Little Giant incubator, I have had it on for 2 days and the temps are holding great, however the humidity seems to only be holding at 45%, I am new to incubating and I tried taking off one of the red caps to allow more air, then both, doing that drops the humidity even more.....This is a still air model, anyone have any suggestions

45% is fine...I keep both the old incubator which is close to a still air made by Lyons and the newer 1583 Hova both between 40 to 50% humidity the first 18 days...

It's enough til day or the evening of day 18 then you need to up your humidity to 60 to 70%...Most of us add a wet sponge or clean wet washcloth or clean new sock to help raise the humidity...

On the evening of day 18 you can candle the eggs one last time and put extra water in the wells to get the humidity higher and or add the wet sponge, sock, washcloth......most people use a straw or rig some tubing up into one of the air vent holes or down thru the top to be able to add more water if needed into the wells...

When your chicks start to hatch the humidity will go up anyway from them pipping the shells and hatching out...so no need to worry usually after the hatch starts...

Hope that made sense to you...lol

Back
Top Bottom