Humidity ok?!

lhance

In the Brooder
Apr 27, 2020
yes its bad, drop the humidity as low as you can for the next 8 days.

Have you been tracking weight of eggs? or aircell growth? If so keep monitoring that and increase humidity again if you think the aircells growth is about right.

Otherwise just leave it with no water and hope for the best.

Coturnix221

In the Brooder
Jun 6, 2020
Should I just leave it 100 percent dry? I’m worried that it will kill them, or should I just remove water and get it to 45 percent?

lhance

In the Brooder
Apr 27, 2020
Look at humidity as an averge, you just spent 10 days with humidity 68%, if you now spend th enext 8 days with humidity at 45% your average will be somewhere around 59% which is still too high.

You need to correct for the overly high humidity so you want o run lower to bring that average down.

whether or not you should run dry depends on where you lvie and what your RH is like in the room you have the incubator in.

If you can control the humidity aim for 30% humidity, make sure you mark out the aircells at least and then check back on day 14 to see how the aircells are going and again on day 16 and 18, that way you can correct if you think too drastic changes are happening.

Another thing to mention, humidity isnt a number that keeps chicks alive, the point of the humidity is to make sure the eggs lose enough weight, and the aircells thus grow, so there is no number that just works, its a balancing game.

Top Bottom