Humidity Problems, Is it fixible?

Fowl0909

Chirping
Aug 23, 2020
Currently I’m hatching eggs, there are peacock, turkey, and guinea. I know mixing eggs like that isn’t a smart idea but normally they do fine. I’ve had to open the incubator so many times that I am very worried that I have completely messed up the humidity. A chick got its foot stuck so I had to help him get it loose, then the incubator was low on water so I added a little more (BAD IDEA) then the incubator had too much water which was affecting all of the eggs that were currently hatching because they were very moist. All the guineas have pretty much hatched but I’m worried about the remaining eggs. This batch of eggs have been an absolute mess, I doubt there’s much I can do now but does anybody have any tips on how I could help the situation.

Just do your best, and consider this as a learning experience. I personally think ALL WILL BE WELL. :thumbsup
If you can, remove the hatched out chicks, and place in a heated brooder. (If you have a good brooder setup) This way your volume of eggs is lessened in the incubator. I think the higher humidity at hatch should be just fine. That is what Lock-down is all about. To prevent shrink-wrapped chicks.
With your mixed breeds, your lock-down would vary since hatching duration vary by breed.
Next time, try to calculate the days to hatch, and consider a staggered start time, so all the different breeds hatch on about same day(s) Counting backwards.
WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:highfive:

Just do your best, and consider this as a learning experience. I personally think ALL WILL BE WELL. :thumbsup
If you can, remove the hatched out chicks, and place in a heated brooder. (If you have a good brooder setup) This way your volume of eggs is lessened in the incubator. I think the higher humidity at hatch should be just fine. That is what Lock-down is all about. To prevent shrink-wrapped chicks.
With your mixed breeds, your lock-down would vary since hatching duration vary by breed.
Next time, try to calculate the days to hatch, and consider a staggered start time, so all the different breeds hatch on about same day(s) Counting backwards.
WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:highfive:
Thank you for your help! I’ve removed the hatched chicks and so far everything is going well!

Back
Top Bottom