Humidity Way Too High- Help

PepsNick

Back to Business
9 Years
May 9, 2010
Egglanta, GA
On my new hova genesis 1588's, the humidity is SO high- 82%. I only have the middle compartment filled, and not even all the way! Pretty strange. Not sure how it's this high. If I put less water in, than I will pretty much have a dry batir. Suggestions?

It is pretty high. The incubators hVe only been plugged in for 20 mins. Maybe my humidity isn't right? Needs some time to adjust? Now in te bator with more water it says 79, and 86 in the one with less.

ETA: the humidity is dropping; now reading from 65-70.

Last edited:
I live West of you and I barely keep any water in mine , if doing just Chicken, mine stays between 35-40. It has been humid here today and mine was up a bit too. Also going to depend on what humidity stays in your house. I always leave my hygrometer on the table for a couple of days to see what it runs in the house. I have middle tray a little over half full, doing some ducks and mine is 50 today.

Nick mine jumped up also to 75% (Brinsea Eco 20) and my Genesis did a couple of time too...I stick a drinking straw in the corner between the top and bottom of the bator and let the humidity ease back down.

Nothing seems to be working.
idunno.gif

I'm just going to take out all the water. We have 86% humidity outside in Atlanta today. Thank you, hopefully it will be drier tomorrow.

Quote:
The next few days will be warmer and humid. take it all out, see how it reads and then add a little if needed to get it where you want it. Like I said, a lot depends on what the humidity is in your house normally too.

Then it seems there isn't anything I can do about it. Should I just set my eggs when it's this high? They are in the 60-70-80's.

Quote:
How old is your Hygrometer? Have you calibrated it? If not, I would do that too. The reading may be off because of that. I just had to calibrate both of mine, one was off by 21 percent.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom