Humidity with the Little Giant Incubator

EmmaKnight

Songster
5 Years
Mar 21, 2017
I have the Little Giant Incubator and setting the perfect humidity is extremely hard to understand. The water canals are very different than other incubators (pic below) Any tips on what I should do?

Where you place the water in those channels doesn't really matter. Do you have a hygrometer? If not, you need to get one to be sure your humidity is where you want it. As far as what % you go with is up to you. Some go with what the booklets tell you but I have had more success with keeping the first 18 days at 35% and keeping an eye on my air cells. We are really wet and raining in my area for the last two weeks and I haven't had to add any water at all to my incubator and it is holding steady at about 43%. Let the hygrometer guide you and remember when you add water, let it settle for at least an hour before adding more. You would be surprised what a little water will jump your humidity up to. Also remember, your eggs will give off humidity as well, the more you have in there, the less water you may need.

Where you place the water in those channels doesn't really matter.  Do you have a hygrometer?  If not, you need to get one to be sure your humidity is where you want it.  As far as what % you go with is up to you.  Some go with what the booklets tell you but I have had more success with keeping the first 18 days at 35% and keeping an eye on my air cells.  We are really wet and raining in my area for the last two weeks and I haven't had to add any water at all to my incubator and it is holding steady at about 43%.  Let the hygrometer guide you and remember when you add water, let it settle for at least an hour before adding more.  You would be surprised what a little water will jump your humidity up to.  Also remember, your eggs will give off humidity as well, the more you have in there, the less water you may need.

Xs 2

If this is the digital lg, make sure you have your own thermometers and hygrometer that has been checked for accuracy in there because the displays on the digital LGs are often wrong.

I too run dry when I am able for the first 17 days, usually around 30-35%. And watch air cells for growth. I run 70-75% at hatch time. I use this method: http://letsraisechickens.weebly.com...anuals-understanding-and-controlling-humidity

Back
Top Bottom