Humidity??

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by beakkeeper, Nov 29, 2008.

1. beakkeeper

beakkeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2008
    Ok so I am getting really confused on this whole humidity thing!!! I am a total newbie, but I have read some books. [​IMG] One book said that it should be up to 94 on the hatching days, but that is a temperature reading in degrees??? I think that they are saying that that is what the wet bulb reading should be in a relative humidity thingy. How wet is it supposed to be in there? I've heard everywhere from 40-90%.

***Also, if i buy a genesis bator, and it comes with a thermometer and is preset, how do I regulate/monitor the humidity? How do you use a hygrometer?

I am so lost... [​IMG]

2. beakkeeper

beakkeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2008
    Anyone???

3. sandspoultry

sandspoultry Everybody loves a Turkey

Feb 10, 2008
    Eastern NC
    First of all, start with the recommend settings for your incubator and go from there unless you can find somebody that has the same incubator that you do and can give you the little "tweaks" to make it hatch better.

I think you are getting the dry bulb and wet bulb temp mixed up. That does read in degrees. A hygrometer will give you a direct reading in relative humidity.

A good book for a newbie is "a guide to better hatching" by Janet Stromberg. You can get it at amazon or barnes n noble.

Steve in NC

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by