HUMIDITY

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Bigbear4x43, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Bigbear4x43

Bigbear4x43 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 14, 2009
    Norton
    I HAVE A LITTLE GIANT INUBATOR
    WITH EGG TURNER
    FORCED AIR
    WHAT DO I USE FOR TEMP AND HUMDITY
    USING RIGHT NOW MEAT TEMP IT READS 100
    THERMONITOR THAT CAME WITH THE INCUBATOR READS 96
    HUMIDITY ?????/

2. panner123

panner123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    Garden Valley, ca
    Throw both of them in the catch all drawer and go to Wal Mart and get at digital thermeter combo. This will give you both the temp and humidity.

3. Bigbear4x43

Bigbear4x43 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 14, 2009
    Norton
    walmart what brand and will it go in the incubator the the entire time with a egg turner
    and how do you use the humidity part if the numbers are low add water and if they are high no water

4. panner123

panner123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    Garden Valley, ca
    Quote:Check out the tread here Wallyworld Digital. It even show you how to calabrate it after you buy it.

5. LilDucky85

LilDucky85 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2009
    Northern, Illinois
    I had one around the house so I didnt have to buy one luckily. I never calibrated it though. It sounded too difficult! [​IMG]

6. I dont remember the name of it but you get it at Walmart for like 7 - 10.00 , located in the hardware section.

For incubating chickens i keep the humidity around 40 and never let it fall below 25 , yes you add warm water if humidity starts falling to get it back to around 40 , i add it through the vent hole.

The thermometer stays in the incubator the whole time while incubating and hatching , i just lay mine on top of the eggs so you can see it through one of the windows.

I up the humidity at 18 days to 60 - 65 for hatch

Hope that helps you some .

Fay

P.S. - The thermometer is called Spingfield Precise Temp , i ran to look [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by