Humidity

crooked stripe

Songster
12 Years
Jan 14, 2008
N.E Ohio- Suffield
I have noticed over the past few days the humidity keeps increasing. It stayed between 50-52 % for the first week. In the last 4 days it has been running 57-59%. I have not added water. Should I empty 1 of the 3 water depressions?
Is this change due to the chicks growing? I even opened up the second air vent that is to be left closed till day 18 per instructions. 99.5 degrees and holding well. If this keeps up the chicks will hatch with webbed feet. John

What day are you on with the hatch?...If it was my hatch I would try to get the humidity down between 40 to 50% til day 18...taking water out of one of the wells...just keep an eye on it....

I was gone for abit sorry...day 14 when you candle you should still be able to see in your eggs...a dark mass, some veins still and movement like their legs...at day 18 when you candle is when they take up most of the shell and if you canlde from the top down into the big end of the egg you will see the air cell too....Hope that helped...

Google poultry incubation stages on your computer or on here under search and there should be posts of day 1 thru 21 of egg development stages...

Dried up 2 of the 3 wells at noon and the humidity dropped to 44%. Will see in the morning how it stands. Hope it is for the better. The more the days past the more excited I get.

Thanks for the encouragement. I need all the help I can get. I really felt down yesterday morning when I candled. Not looking so good. This is my first time and don't really know what to expect. John

Good Luck and Best Wishes!!!!!
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom