humidity ????

tashtash, i have the same bator as u do..
37/5 is best for temp.. dont let it get past 38 or u will have hard boiled eggs..

we also had way too low temps in the beginning and 89 % humidity (i have a lot of threads and posts on that crisis); and eggs hatched anyhow, but only 1 normal one cause the eggs were old and the temps were too low in the beginning. now all my eggs are hatching no problem, all viable cuties!!!!!!!!!

so what someone recommended to me was , dont fill both wells with water in the beggining, and to cover the well with some aluminium foil partially because the water evaporates from surface not from depth... but actually, like i said, ours hatched anyhow with the same humidity, no chicks drowned either in their eggs...
u have to play with the knob a bit and mark it with a pen where the actual temp is... dont pay attention to the label on the knob there is no correlation.
here in israel it seems that everyone who breeds is using these cheapo plain jane incubators and getting really good results cause they dont break down, arent digital, and are easy to clean... i am beginning to agree with them ....
the blood ring in your egg picture bodes not well. i had some like that and i did eggtopsies and there was nothing in there...
anyhow, i ahvent touched the humidity at all in the bator and this time round, from day 18 i havent opened the bator either not even to peak... because i did all the possible mistakes on my previous batch from premature opening to shrink wrapping to temp and water problems...
wait patiently, or start over, or put some more eggs in there, mark them with the date clearly, and turn them, (we also didnt turn much, )

gottta run.

ok so i emptied one of the water spots. my humidity is now 60% but going up slowly on gage . my temp is 38.3 im kinda getting upset cause its my first hatch and i don't know if its right. and seeing the blood rings. even tho they got a black spot in it im hoping it will change and i will see veins soon. thank you everyone for ur help. ok now i am upset my gosh this is emotional stuff. crazy chicken lady right here.

What type is you incubator, still air or forced draft? If it has a fan, your temp will be 37,5C and humidity 40-50%

Back
Top Bottom