Humidity ?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by realtreegirl, Feb 25, 2014.

1. realtreegirl

realtreegirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2013
    Hello I have a Farmers Innovation 4200 with fan and auto turner. The humditity reads 70% while the digital hydrometer is only reading 34%. I am so confused as to what to go by. I am at day 3. Any help would be so appreciated. Temps are holding good :) I have 3 reading temps and all are between 99.0 and 99.8.

2. iamfivewire

iamfivewire Chillin' With My Peeps

i am having similar wide-range variances on humidity on ours & have basically the same question - will hopefully be setting our eggs tomorrow. Good luck on your hatch

3. iamfivewire

iamfivewire Chillin' With My Peeps

i set 21 tonite @ 6pm - going to put my faith more on the digital than the dial on the lid - alot of the reviews i had read have been negative of the lack of accuracy of the dial. Hopefully will have some fuzzies in 3 weeks

4. A roo or two

A roo or two Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2013
    Florida
    The built in ones are not very reliable. You can calibrate or use more than one digital and see if they all read the same thing (or close). I have the same incubator, my digital reads 35 and my built in reads 50. I just ignore the built in ones and go with my digital. Chances are your digital is more accurate.

Good luck to you [​IMG]

5. realtreegirl

realtreegirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2013
    ok thanks :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by