humidty

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Chickiebabyfluff, Apr 23, 2011.

1. Chickiebabyfluff

Chickiebabyfluff Yappette in Training

Apr 13, 2011
    NorthEastern Ohio
    Ok first hatch here.....i am wanting to know wht humidity should be at....there are so many different opinions on the subject i dunno which is best or close to it [​IMG] i set my first hatch eggs yesterday and temp is holding steady at 99.5 and humidity is holding between 42-46 is tht ok? or do i need to make adjustments It was holding steady at 47 but has dropped to 42-46 since i put the eggs in:th

2. Jacobnlynn

Jacobnlynn Out Of The Brooder

Apr 5, 2011
    Sounds like a fine humidity to me. Mine had some fluctuation. I tried to keep around 44-46%, but I found it really low when it ran out of water (20%). Didn't seem to effect them.. the fertile ones grew. I helped a few hatch out.. but that's more a me issue than the chicks [​IMG]

Hatching you'll want it up a bit.. mine is about 60-70% for hatching. Which seems to be working fine for me. There are a lot of opinions on humidity.... and that was mine.

3. Chickiebabyfluff

Chickiebabyfluff Yappette in Training

Apr 13, 2011
    NorthEastern Ohio
    Ty Jacob your opinion seems to be wht the majority is saying :eek:) Ty for sharing:)

4. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Your humidity level is fine. I try to keep mine around 40% for the first 18 days. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by