My friend ran his incubator and let me add some eggs. We added 8 and 4 hatched. He had to help #3 out because the egg had dropped on day 19 and cracked. This caused the membrane to dry out. So on day 20, he moistened the membrane and proceeded to delicately peel the shell off of my chick. Thanks to him, I have ,what looks to be, a bantam cochin/mix. Might be D'uccle/mix, but I'm not sure. Day 21, while he was at work, I went to check in the bator and noticed some pippers and zippers and made note as to how far along they were at if they looked dry. I left and returned 2 hours later, and in that time, a D'uccle egg had zipped and hatched, but the egg of his had not changed and looked dry. I could see the baby trying, but it was struggling. I called my friend and he asked me if I'd try to help it out using warm water and a paper towel. I was thrilled at the idea. I have never seen a chick hatch let alone help one. It was a good call, as the membrane was stuck to the chick in a way that it could not muscle it's way out. I did not use a flash here.... "Hi baby!" It peeped back at me and had a nice strong voice! It sure is amazing how they fit in that egg!!! Here it is out. I was afraid it was deformed because it looked so weird. But I called mark and he said they do look horrible just out of the shell.. and he was right! I put it back in the incubator on a warm, damp paper towel. The yolk sac was gone a few hours later and it was walking around. I didn't even THINK to take a picture next time I went down to visit. But it was getting along wonderfully. AND..I had to help a second one out as well. With the second one, I left it in the bottom part of the shell. Both chicks lived as far as I know.