humindity question, day 20

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by gdublanc, Oct 31, 2009.

1. gdublanc

gdublanc Out Of The Brooder

Oct 17, 2009
    Nevada
    I missed count on my days and i stopped turning on day 19. Will that cause any problems? Also, i am having a problem getting the humidity past 61-63 percent. Should i add a sponge and how high should i get it. This is my first batch. I am using a R-Com Suro King, and it is a automatic heat & Humidity. It comes with a evaporating pad, but i dont think its doing a good enough job. [​IMG]

2. gdublanc

Oct 17, 2009
    Nevada
    Humidity, i meant

3. mulia24

mulia24 Chillin' With My Peeps

should be no problem at all with that.

but sometimes depend on the embryos strength, the stronger will survive when the weaker won't.

should reach at least 65, better higher than 70, but that's depending to people, some people will protest me when i tell the exact number, so it's better to experiment with the humidity.

yes, you can add sponger, wet it using warm water and the humidity will bump quickly.

and [​IMG]

4. gdublanc

Oct 17, 2009
    Nevada
    I stopped tuner on day 19, will that mess me up for hatching on day 21?

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

No, it will be fine. Sometimes, the little critters hatch early in the turner! (mostly bantams, I think)

6. mulia24

mulia24 Chillin' With My Peeps

as i said earlier,

"should be no problem at all with that.

but sometimes depend on the embryos strength, the stronger will survive when the weaker won't."
    [​IMG]

good luck

7. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    You should be just fine on the turning issue, we all forget and have been late at one point, it will work out.

AL

8. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Humidity should be fine, and with the turning issue, I've had chicks get rolled by it's siblings on the day of hatch and they still make it out.

9. 1-duckling

1-duckling Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2009
    Washington
    I know, it's way past your hatch. Hope all went well!! Just wanted to say that I too use the King Suro 20 and I found the blog by someone I think might be a developer. He wrote "...45% for all turning days and for the last two days..I suggest 62%..." The info can be found at www.pandtpoultry.co.uk/blog/ Definitely not the humidity levels we are used to in other models.

Happy hatching to all!
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by