humongous air sack small development?????

five is my dog

Songster
6 Years
Jul 4, 2013
i have been candling my eggs every day to watch the growing process. i stumbled upon an egg with a huge air sack and a tiny tiny tiny spider like thing in it. my others have normal air sacks and very large spider like things so i know my humidity hasnt been too low sucking moisture from the egg. its been at 45-50% the whole incubation process.is there a chance it will hatch or will it die. it hasnt died already because there are no rigs around it so will it hatch????

They don't always show a red ring of death when they die. If its behind the other eggs, its probably quit already.
Did you see it moving? If it is alive, perhaps it was in a cooler part of the incubator and is delayed. As far as the big air cell, I dunno. Could the egg possibly be old? Or did it look fine when you started?

i just candled yesterday day 4 and it was the same size as today. i could barely see the small spider like thing (its a brown egg). but the large air sack is very noticible it looks the way it should be when it hatches. i didnt see it move but then again its so small i would probably not be able to notice.

I''ve only incubated and hatched three sets so I'm not real experienced but if it were me, I'd let it sit and recandle at day 8 to see if you have any movement or development. If not then I'd pull it out. I only candle at day 8, 15, and sometimes 18.

I didn't realize you were only on day 4. Yes, leave it for now. I candle on days 7, 14 and 18. If I do it early, I always confuse myself. I've had eggs with what I thought were blood rings turn into chicks. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom