Hungry chicks!

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by unwoven, Jul 7, 2008.

1. unwoven

unwoven New Egg

Jul 7, 2008
    I recently bought 5 new chicks! I don't exactly know where to get chicken crumble [​IMG] What stores can I get them at? And what can I feed them until I get them!

2. pixiechick

pixiechick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Jonesborough, TN
    Wherever you bought chicks from should also sell food for them to eat. Chick starter is what they need. They would need grit to digest any other type of food and you probably don't have that. I get my chicken food from TSC, Mizes, or the co-op.

3. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Feed mills, feed stores and farm stores, all usually sell chicken feed. Where are you located?

In an emergency, you could give them some rolled oats that had been ground or chopped up fine enough for them to eat. That won't have all the things they need to survive, but will keep them from starving temporarily. Where did you get your chicks from?

4. unwoven

unwoven New Egg

Jul 7, 2008
    I'm in Toronto Canada. And Thanks for your help.. I found a old farm and feed store not far from where I live... the chicks love it. Thanks so much guys!

5. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Oh, I'm glad you got that all figured out. Good luck and enjoy those chicks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by