Hunting Box Coop Conversion

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by SuQMar, Jun 11, 2016.

1. SuQMar

SuQMar Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2016
    So my chicken addiction has grown from "all I want is a couple hens for some eggs" to 2 Barred Rock hens, 2 Speckled Sussex hens, 1 RIR or Buckeye hen (arriving Mon), 2 RIRxSex links pullets and a Barred Rock Rooster. Obviously my numbers have outgrown my modified playhouse coop so I confiscated(?) my boyfriends hunting box that he hasn't used in 7yrs. This is only the beginning but I wanted to share the process of upcycling with just the materials we had around the farm and donations of materials from friends junk piles. Hope this inspires someone like us who really can't afford and brand spankin new coop. Now still needs shingles around the nest boxes purely for visual saticfaction, a new paint job although I sincerely don't believe the chickens care that it is partially camo'd . Inside still needs the mesh on the windows and roosts and the feeder and waterer hung but....... Well here it is:[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Nicely done.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by