Hunting Rant ---Mods Kill The Thread---

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by allanimals21, Nov 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allanimals21

allanimals21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2009
    MN
    Ok...I am pro hunting. I love deer hunting. My thing is I am so sick of these so called "hunters" that shoot at anything and everything they see. Wether or not they get a clean kill shot. I will be the first to admit I don't always come home with a deer. I've only shot 2. One of which just happened to land on someone elses land and he decided he shot and killed it. Which was not the case but whatever. The 2nd of which I shot right through the heart and she dropped right there. My beef is right now that the inlaws gave permission to a friend of theirs to hunt out here. It makes me mad for 2 reasons. 1. I have been watching these deer for the last month and I actually have some regulars that I am used to seeing on the cam. 2. He is an idiot. he hunted out here a couple years back and I ended up having to help him track not 1 but 2 deer that he shot one morning. None of which we ever found. Don't shoot unless your going to drop it. This guy can only bow hunt and as the past dictates he sucks at it. If you shoot 2 deer and one morning and can find neither of them then you shouldn't be hunting!

Also I did hunt this year out here with my 12. I didn't get a deer although I saw many. Every time I sat I saw a deer. I didn't think I had a clean kill shot so I didn't shoot. Thanks for my looking at my rant. If it doesnt make sense its probably cuz I am not very happy right now thinking about it.

Also me and the dog took a little trip down to the stand to try and convince the deer to stay away for awhile. [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
  2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

I hear you. I haven't hunted deer in a long time, but used to be horrified as I would be headed out into the woods with all the hunters sitting alongside the roads. Rifle in one hand 6 pack in the other at 5am. I went WAY back to get away from them. The last couple years I'm seeing more reports of people getting shot by hunters.

Imp

Last edited: Nov 28, 2010
  3. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

Me and my husband hunt religiously. We have been every day he has been off work since the season opened. I am with you about idiots, they are everywhere. Our hunting spot is landlocked and we went to go to our stands a couple of weeks ago and some idiot was sitting at mone of the ponds fishing!!!!!! He said he had permission but that was a lie because only me and my husband are supposed to be on any of that land. We sent him on his way but that made me furious. It's freakin gun season and he had no orange on. What if I had shot and the bullet went thru the deer and hit him. It's just crazy. I am also with you on the clean shot thing. If it's not gonna drop dead there, don't shoot. I have seen 2 dozen deer the past two weeks, half of which were not legal and the other half just didn't present a shot. I had a doe walk to within 4 yards of me Thursday and it was awesome. Good luck hunting.

4. allanimals21

Aug 27, 2009
    MN
    Quote:I'm done for the year. My main goal now is to make sure this idiot doesn't get any of my deer. Hopefully me and the dog going out there will keep them away today.

It just makes me so mad knowing that those 2 deer he shot a couple years ago either A.went off and died somewhere far away slowly and were wasted. or B.lived through an injury like that.

5. Karrie13

Karrie13 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Minnesota
    I totally agree with you. I bow and rifle hunt but wont take a shot unless it is a nice clean shot. All the deer I have taken didn’t go very far after I shot. I have yet to take one with a bow… but oneday I will.

6. ChickieBooBoo

ChickieBooBoo Cold Canadian Chick

Dec 2, 2009
    Canada
    I HATE hunters that do that, they shouldnt be out there.

7. ChickaDiva

ChickaDiva Out Of The Brooder

Aug 15, 2010
    I couldn't agree more. This morning I was having coffee looking out my window, the dogs started barking, and through our pasture stumbles a mortally injured doe [​IMG] . I am thankful my husband was home to deliver the mercy shot. At this time of year I worry every time my yellow-red labs step out the door --- that some overanxious yahoo is going to shoot first, check later.

8. allanimals21

Aug 27, 2009
    MN
    Quote:See I worry about that too. I've got dogs and goats...no body should be that close to the yard but well we all know how that goes. I went out to check my trail cam this morning and I saw some tracks. One set looks to be a younger maybe yearling that seems to be dragging its hind leg. Makes me wanna punch some people.

9. babylady4

babylady4 Mother Goose

Mar 30, 2009
    Central WI
    The deer my DH tagged this year was one of the victims of a poor shot. Some bone head shot it in the stomach and just let her run off. My DD found the blood trail and eventually the deer.

About 13 years back I was out with my kids one summer evening looking at grazing deer when we encountered one that had been shot in the front leg by a bow hunter. Poor thing was wandering around with the arrow sticking out of her and the leg just dangling uselessly.... I felt so bad for her.... wished I could put her out of her misery, or that a pack of coyote's would find her soon.

10. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

We had a doe that hung around for YEARS. She had triplets every year and she was missing one of her front hooves and about 4 inches of her leg. We always wondered if it was shot off or caught in a trap. WE have game cams everywhere too and you do get familiar with the deer on there, especially season after season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by