hunting

I'm ready but I still have a while to wait! Oct 1st for deer!

Although I can start squirrel hunting August 15!

It's almost time to go black bear hunting in Maine! I got one two years ago and it is now hanging on my wall. I was the first one in my class to go big game hunting!
tongue2.gif
Everyone else just did deer and turkey! My little sister gets to go this year, though.
tongue.gif

I think it starts on August 31, or somewhere around there. I REALLY want to go moose hunting, but I didn't win the drawing.
barnie.gif

Last edited:
I am hosting a "Wounded Warriors Hunt" on my farm this year. Military personnel with combat disabilities will be our guests. The New Jersey Outdoor Alliance has arranged for free mounting of the buck they shoot plus all butchering. We have volunteers from United Bowhunters of NJ to assist the hunters in thier stands all day. I saw some big boys in velvet around the farm this summer so it should be good.

I am a vietnam vet myself. 18b h co. 2nd Bat. 75th Rangers. I recieved the purple heart but luckily have all my limbs intact.

I hunt also but am the only one in our family that will eat deer lol. So 1 or 2 deer a year keeps my freezer full. I have alot of deer on the farm. And very easy access for these guys to hunt. So far we have one fella in a wheelchair (lost his legs to a roadside IED) and one fella that has an artificial leg. We are still looking for hunters so if anyone knows anyone that would like to join in and hunt in NJ area please pm me. I promise we will take very good care of them. We owe it to our soldiers and fellow outdoorsman.

Steve

Muzzleloader is my favorite. I bought a new Thompson Omega in .50cal last year and can't wait to try it out. We are having our first bear hunt in NJ since 2005 this year. I am going to give it a shot.

Back
Top Bottom