Hurricane Irma- Calling all Florida members

I wanted to make sure our Florida members and their loved ones/chickens/other animals were OK! What was it like? Did anything happen to your home?
We recently moved to Marco Island, Florida which is on the tip of the gulf coast. I had a flock of guineas which I rehomed before I moved from Iowa. I felt terrible not being able to take them with me when I moved, but it makes me feel a little better knowing they are safe and may not have been if I would've taken them along. I'm not sure what people do with their farm animals/flocks in these awful conditions. I'm thankful we left Florida along with all our pets before Irma made landfall as Marco Island/Naples area took a direct hit. We will see if we have anything left this coming week.
My thoughts and prayers are with all of those along the path of Hurricane Irma!

Despite the fact that the storm went right by my sons place near tampa, the wind velocity was not too bad. Unless the tree fell on the house they should be fine but maybe no power. Other son is Visiting us with his family in Virginia.

I live in s. florida. Finally got our power back on Saturday, and the internet this afternoon. We had to bring in all of our 16 chickens, and put them in cat carriers! Even our goose! Other than that, we're all okay here, thank God! I hope everyone else is too. How I hate hurricanes!

Moved from Cali to Central Florida @ 2 months ago. Had to rehome my little flock, including my beloved Chica. On the bright side they didn't have to go through Irma. No lasting damage but lotsa trees down, so we were very lucky! I, on the other hand, broke out in hives during my first hurricane. Now I know ... don't run out of cigarettes and chocolate when a hurricane is coming! My cousin who has my Chica and flock sends me photos of all their new babies and and antics. Once I get settled in better I shall be looking for Florida members that sell to start again. Once a ChicaFool always a ChicaFool, right?

Despite the fact that the storm went right by my sons place near tampa, the wind velocity was not too bad. Unless the tree fell on the house they should be fine but maybe no power. Other son is Visiting us with his family in Virginia.
The tree fell across the road, not on the house! Wonderful!

Back
Top Bottom