HURRICANE MARIA / BE PREPARED / BE SMART

Lazy Farmer

Gallus gallus domesticus
7 Years
Feb 28, 2017
Florida Peninsula
My Coop
My Coop
MOST FOLKS DID NOT TAKE IRMA SERIOUSLY! UNTIL SHE TURNED TOWARDS US..
Last minute store raids w/empty shelves.. 5 mile lines for gas only to get to the pump and it's empty.
NO WATER. NO POWER. TREES BLOCKING ROADS. FLOODING.

PREPARE RIGHT NOW. BE SMART.

Screenshot_2017-09-19-12-20-17 copy.jpg
Screenshot_2017-09-19-12-19-08 copy.jpg
Screenshot_2017-09-19-12-19-50 copy.jpg

FILL YOUR BATHTUBS WITH WATER. KEEP A PAIL TO FILL THE BACK OF YOUR TOILET.

CAN FOOD!
NO ICE WILL BE AVAILABLE.
We lost power for 6.5 days.. no phone, no internet, no stove.
HAVE A PLAN.. THEN A BACK UP PLAN.

HOPEFULLY IT WILL TURN AWAY. IF IT DOES COME TOWARDS US, thank God we tried to prepare earlly.
If you evacuate, the highways will be parking lots if you wait until the last minute..

We had trees and powerlines blocking our roads and trapped us in for DAYS. Our vehicles were useless and full of gas.. but how do you leave to buy food and water if trees and powerlines block the road???
BE SMART.. BE PREPARED..
DSC00003.JPG

This how law enforcement helped us! Added tape for our safety.. and left. EVERYONE WILL TOO BUSY TO HELP YOU!
You need a plan with your neighbors now! Make a new friend with a chainsaw or you could be trapped on your property like we were.

Hey Connie, Some people never learn. A 2 day supply of food is enough, you can always eat out. Water always comes out of the tap, right? No need to have plywood on hand to board up, the store has lots. The pharmacy is always open and stocked up with what people need. Your neighbor will give you what you lack....
Yeah right, until the power goes out and the storm is headed your way! I have bags of emergency supplies, a tackle box of common medications and extra food on hand. I have gus for protection. Once a storm hits, emergency services quit trying to respond. Who can blame them? Why risk your life for those too stupid or lazy to prepare?

Trees are loose at the ground from prior rain and flooding. Trunks are cracked on our property alone. Tropical storm winds will bring them crashing down from the weakness.
DSC00004.JPG

We are not even close to being finished on clean up from Irma. Salt in the wound if it turns this way...

Hey Connie, Some people never learn. A 2 day supply of food is enough, you can always eat out. Water always comes out of the tap, right? No need to have plywood on hand to board up, the store has lots. The pharmacy is always open and stocked up with what people need. Your neighbor will give you what you lack....
Yeah right, until the power goes out and the storm is headed your way! I have bags of emergency supplies, a tackle box of common medications and extra food on hand. I have gus for protection. Once a storm hits, emergency services quit trying to respond. Who can blame them? Why risk your life for those too stupid or lazy to prepare?
The help window for services ends at 35mph winds. You are on your own.. even for a heart attack.
They are overwhelmed when the storm ends. BUT.. ENDLESS BUSY SIGNALS ON YOUR PHONE.
They can only do so much.. can you blame them? Superman is only a comic book fantasy creation. Our real heroes are tied up with hundreds of thousands of calls.

Flood insurance is a good idea too!
There are some areas in Fl. where they will not insure you for flooding if you live below the 100 year flood plain. We turned down some cheap property before we moved here years ago. So before you buy property, check with your insurance company because they know where those zones are. They are in bizz to make money, not give money.

Back
Top Bottom