Hurricane resistant coop

Lucky Llama

Chirping
9 Years
Apr 29, 2010
Pass Christian, MS
Hello all, Last September we were threatened by hurricane Nate. This required rounding up 20 of my daughters, much loved silkies, and moving them to the barn. Their coop is in poor condition and i did not think it would survive a storm. After chasing escaped chickens for an hour, I knew a new coop was in order. Thus began my coop build. I hope yall enjoy some of the pics. IMG_1605.JPG IMG_1607.JPG IMG_1608.JPG IMG_1624 (1).JPG

Looking real good with lots of hurricane clips and straps to hold it together.

A long time ago a hurricane eye passed between Mobile and Pascagoula ( I was living in Pascagoula) and I fled to New Orleans for the night and my neighbor stayed. He swore that he would never stay again... we lived a few blocks from the beach in some houses build during WW2...

JT

Looking real good with lots of hurricane clips and straps to hold it together.

A long time ago a hurricane eye passed between Mobile and Pascagoula ( I was living in Pascagoula) and I fled to New Orleans for the night and my neighbor stayed. He swore that he would never stay again... we lived a few blocks from the beach in some houses build during WW2...

JT
My dad is from Moss Point, my mom is from Pascagoula.
I was born in Pascagoula, and was raised in Lucedale.
What are the odds!

OP: I like how you designed the roof with a low pitch. A lot of people don't think about that.

Nice coop! The hurricane ties are excellent. I live in NC and we get hurricanes every now and again. I brought them inside my shed the first time, but they stayed in their (very very heavy) the second time and were just fine. Of course that was only a Cat 1/2...

Back
Top Bottom