1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hurricane Sandy

Discussion in 'Ostriches, Emu, Rheas' started by ES Emus, Oct 28, 2012.

1. ES Emus

ES Emus Chillin' With My Peeps

We started getting the rain early last night. Tides are already way above normal and the winds really picked up just before 9:00 this morning. The worst is not predicted until tomorrow afternoon! Wish us luck!!!

2. Kentucky Steve

Kentucky Steve Out Of The Brooder

May 11, 2012
    Stay safe

3. Lexiluke

Lexiluke Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2012
    Keep safe! We are hoping for a dying storm by the time it hits NH. Looks like we will get something Monday night into Tuesday.

4. flitter

flitter Chillin' With My Peeps

Lots and lots of luck. I hope you all... people and chickens ride out this storm in fine shape!

5. Tame Emu Guy

Tame Emu Guy Chillin' With My Peeps

Well then, good luck!

Supreme Emu

6. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Best Wishes from Florida, and stay safe...... Keep away from trees and tie down anything loose.... :)

7. Tame Emu Guy

Tame Emu Guy Chillin' With My Peeps

Okay, you're on the news here in W.A.

S.E.

8. stay safe! Keep us updated.

9. ES Emus

ES Emus Chillin' With My Peeps

Thank you for everybody's messages and thoughts. We got hit pretty bad. Schools are still closed as there still remains lots of flooded areas and roads blocked by downed trees and power lines. After pulling a 50 hour shift at the Emergency Operations Center, I went home, checked on the emu enclosures and crashed, getting up to eat a lttle supper, then sleeping til 5:00 this morning. Back at work now. We ended up a lot more fortunate than most. Lots of cleanup ahead. The emu pens look like obstacle courses wiith all of the downed limbs, but the the pens stayed intact with no downed trees on the fencing. The birds made out fine too. Thanks again for all of my byc friends's thoughts and prayers.
    ES Emus

Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  10. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Glad you all stayed safe.... Hurricane watching is a way of life here....but I still hate them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by