Hurricane Sandy

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ChicKat, Oct 29, 2012.

1. ChicKat

ChicKat Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

For everyone who is affected by this

My prayers and very best wishes and thoughts go out to all of you who are going to be affected by this. I hope you and your chickens will come through safely and no harm comes to you, your family and loved ones and your livestock.

2. wekiva bird

wekiva bird Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2010
    South Carolina
    x2

3. x2

4. chocolate m'scovy

chocolate m'scovy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2010
    I have chicks that are about a week old. (Late for that, I know.) Since it looks like the hurricane/tropical storm is headed right for our neck of the woods, and the chicks and mom are in a pen in the field that's only covered by rubber and a plywood section, I thought it would be best to put the fowl family in a safer place. Like our bathtub. Not sure how long that will last, though. Chickens are not the nicest smelling-creatures...
    But now, at least, everything is relatively dry. So that's a good thing. :)

5. GardenerGal

GardenerGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 20, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I'll be a lot happier when it blows over. Right now it's not as bad as a few hours earlier, but I still dread going out to the barn (which I have to do now).

6. Malibu99

Malibu99 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2012
    Cape Cod, Massachusetts
    I also pray for everyone else on the east coast. We're out of power. :( thank God for a generator though!

7. GardenerGal

GardenerGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 20, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Malibu99,
    In Massachusetts, Gov. Patrick made clear to the power companies that they had better have enough emergency repair crews and a better communication system than last time we had a big storm. Our power here on the North Shore was out for a couple of hours today but they got it back up again. You probably will get yours within a few hours too. Having a generator is good, though. I don't have one, but I have a woodstove and lots of firewood, lots of candles and matches. And a gas water heater.

I hope we all pull through okay. My prayers and good wishes go out to all living in affected areas.

8. louie2037

louie2037 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 10, 2012
    Western, New York
    I was going to spend the day getting ready for the Hurricane but our 5 yr old grandson had a bad case of hives, and my wife had to work. As soon as she got home and we ate, I hooked the generator up to the 5th wheeler, got 20 gallons of gas, filled up all of the propane tanks, (camper heater), tarped my power equipment, etc. Then I made sure the chickens were secured, fed,
    watered, and grabbed the days eggs. Storming pretty good by this time, and I was soaked clean through so rather then taking the eggs to the house I put them in the pocket of my rain coat...[​IMG]
    Won't do that again. (Dufas)

9. Rezia

Rezia Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2012
    Apache Junction, AZ
    Prayers to all of you affected by hurricane Sandy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by