HURRY HELP!!! Nearing Dusk Chicks Under House!?

9ByDesign

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jul 31, 2010
Wesley Chapel, FL
I can't catch them! They ran under our raised back porch (3 polish chicks- 4wks. old). It's a raised porch with lattice...and hubby is not home to remove lattice so we can try to reach them. What do I do????? I am sure a snake/ cat will get them by morning.

Can you just rip down some of the lattice (its cheep to replace) so maybe you can get under there.... or can someone small climb under from the other side and scare them out towards you.... hope you manage to get them:fl

This may sound mean, but it wont hurt them, maybe spray a water hose in a direction so you can grab them as they run from it (if they get wet, make sure there warm and dry before you put em to bed......realy not sure....let us know if you get em......

Last edited:
I was trying to avoid ripping it off. I will if I can't do otherwise. I tried sprinkling food back to their cage/ nest box...to no avail. I was wondering if a light would work?? Or something else I am too fretful to think straight
wink.png
!?

Suggestions: 1. Wack em with sticks, on the other side of lattice or anywhere to make them come out.
2. Get some little kid (a neighbor perhaps?) to crawl under and shoo em out.
Good Providence! Mary

What about poking a broom handle through the lattice to chase them - do they run to goodies? Maybe sprinkle something yummy to entice them out ...
Hope you get them !

I saw where you tried treats that was my first idea. I would put a light out as it darkens they should be drawn to the light, the only problem w/ that is if it doesn't work you will have to find another way in the dark. But I can't imagine them not coming to the light.

Back
Top Bottom