Hurry up Tempie- Update with baby news! & pics pg. 2

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by cutiepieacres, Mar 4, 2009.

1. cutiepieacres

cutiepieacres Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2009
    S. CA
    My pygmy goat Temperance looks like she is due anytime. Unfortunatley I dont have a due date for her as this was not a planned kidding. She is a good size though I would have normally waited a bit with her age(she will be a year this month) but at least the buck that got out would have been the buck I bred her to anyhow. He was stubborn though we finally had to send him to someone elses house for about a month while we constructed a pen he couldnt break out of, he broke out of every fence we threw at him for ahwile.

I didnt even think she was bred until my sister said about a month and a half ago that she looked pregnant. I was about to send off a blood sample to confirm for sure either way when I decided to feel around her belly and got kicked and not by Temperance either but dancing little babies in her belly.

Now she is due anyday. I thought maybe yesterday but it was all a hoax and she is still holding out. Her udder has dropped by quite a bit so I am pleading with her for babies today!

here she is about 3 weeks ago, she is one of my favorite does with her pesonality color and conformation and I just hope she kids ok, and soon!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 21, 2009
  2. cutiepieacres

Jan 20, 2009
    S. CA
    I am still waiting for this girl to kid. Her mom showed up with a baby last week sometime, I knew she was due but she didnt look ready and then all the sudden there he was perfect! I wasnt there and didnt have to help at all so nice for a pygmy delivery.

Tempie's uder has been big so I am guessing twin bucks or at least one buck in there! All this waiting is no fun....

3. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I agree, this waiting is awful. Hope she kids soon!

4. Skyesrocket

Skyesrocket Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    I'm sure Tempie wants it born as bad as you do! Good Luck to both of you...and baby!
    I love her name. May I use it for one of mine?

5. cutiepieacres

Jan 20, 2009
    S. CA
    Quote:Of course you an use her name I hapen to like it too! [​IMG]

So still no babies tonight....

6. cutiepieacres

Jan 20, 2009
    S. CA
    Babies!!! Yesterday I came home after work at 4 and there they were all cleaned and almost dry. She has two does a medium caramel and a solid black! Super cute and she looks like she will be a great mom. Ill have to get pics asap.

Thats the second pygmy this season I havent had to lift a finger to help out with kidding, I am super excited!

Last edited: Mar 21, 2009
  7. kelseygirl707

kelseygirl707 Dances with Chickens

Mar 3, 2009
    Lakeport, Ca.
    CONGRATULATIONS GRANDMA! LOL [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. dfunnyfarm

dfunnyfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    ks
    Congrats!! Can't wait to see pictures. Mom is beautiful.

9. chook pen jen

chook pen jen Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2009
    Collie W.Australia
    [​IMG] two does, thats great,and a good birth [​IMG]

10. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Congrats! Great to get does as well!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by