hurt... by Johnny Cash

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ChuckenGirl, Apr 17, 2009.

1. ChuckenGirl

ChuckenGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2007
    Maryland :)
    so I've been listening to the song day and night for the past few days and I know it's been out ofr a reallll long time and i remember first hearing it thinking he was suicidal but...

WHAT DOES IT MEAN!?

2. Mandalina

Mandalina Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2009
    Savannah,MO
    using drugs

3. anydayisnow

anydayisnow Out Of The Brooder

Apr 2, 2009
    Columbia SC
    It is actually a cover of a Nine Inch Nails song. I believe he did change some of the words.

4. ChuckenGirl

ChuckenGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2007
    Maryland :)
    oooh thanks! I just looked it up on the wikipedia song someone gave me, thanks!

5. anydayisnow

anydayisnow Out Of The Brooder

Apr 2, 2009
    Columbia SC
    Have you watched the You Tube versions, both Johnny Cash and NIN. The NIN version might be inappropriate for some younger folks so beware. Both are pretty great in their own way.

6. Mandalina

Mandalina Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2009
    Savannah,MO
    From the BYC Rules:

1. Remember this is a family board...

If it's "not for kids," please use your best judgment and please don't post it. Thank you for understanding. ~Lisa~

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2009
  7. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:Um, Johnny Cash was around WAAAAAY before NiN. I believe NiN is a cover of a Johnny Cash song......

8. mwdh1

mwdh1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Indiana
    Quote:Um, Johnny Cash was around WAAAAAY before NiN. I believe NiN is a cover of a Johnny Cash song......

no, actually Johnny Cash covered the NIN song it was realeased on an album of covers by Johnny cash that was intended to be his final album.

9. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

no, actually Johnny Cash covered the NIN song it was realeased on an album of covers by Johnny cash that was intended to be his final album.

Ok slap me with a stupid stick. I hate NiN and love Johnny!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by