Hurt chicken

Sheily Gonzalez

Hatching
Sep 27, 2021
I have a sick chicken and I don’t know what’s wrong him. He doesn’t walk or can keep his head up and also can’t stand up. One of his eyes is hurt.Can someone please tell me what is wrong with him
image.jpg

Welcome To BYC

I'm sorry about your chicken - is he responding to you at all?

Can you get a photo of his eye - you mention it's hurt.

Do you have other roosters? Could he have been in a fight or got injured by a predator?

Where are you located in the world?

Place him somewhere warm. If you can get him alert and propped up, then try offering him some sugar water - hold a small cup up to his beak and see if he will drink for you.

Welcome To BYC

I'm sorry about your chicken - is he responding to you at all?

Can you get a photo of his eye - you mention it's hurt.

Do you have other roosters? Could he have been in a fight or got injured by a predator?

Where are you located in the world?

Place him somewhere warm. If you can get him alert and propped up, then try offering him some sugar water - hold a small cup up to his beak and see if he will drink for you.
He is eating and drinking water is eye is good now and yes I have 2 other roosters but he is not hurt by them he can’t walk or keep his head up and I live in Florida W.P.B thank you

He is eating and drinking water is eye is good now and yes I have 2 other roosters but he is not hurt by them he can’t walk or keep his head up and I live in Florida W.P.B thank you
One of his eyes is hurt

Your title says he's hurt, in your post his eye is hurt - but the eye is good now, he's not hurt just can't walk?

Looks like a Silkie or Silkie mix? Possibly Marek's disease. Not being able to walk or keep the head up - you can try vitamin therapy to see if that helps.
400IU Vitamin E and 1/4 Tablet B-Complex daily. See that he's eating/drinking well.

Another thought would be injury but since he's not hurt ... could he have eaten something moldy or toxic?

Back
Top Bottom