Hurt food here leg

I don't know where you live, but you may want to contact the state vet lab to ask a few questions. In some states, necropsies are affordable, and many will euthanize at no extra cost. Each state is different. That way, you would get a diagnosis, and it might not be that expensive. It can be important to know if you have something in your flock that may affect others, such as Mycoplasma S. Gout is pretty rare, and can have many different causes, such as mold poisoning, too much protein, sodium, or calcium in the diet, and heredity. I have never seen it, though my roosters eat layer feed. I would give each suggestion of the other posters a consideration, and do what is best for you.

The reply before this makes good sense.feeding a horse to much corn will cause it to founder.i would check into the tuna thing though.high mercury content isn't good for us much less anything else.i have a complete chicken care encyclopedia,as soon I I find it I will look into what your saying his symptoms are.

The reply before this makes good sense.feeding a horse to much corn will cause it to founder.i would check into the tuna thing though.high mercury content isn't good for us much less anything else.i have a complete chicken care encyclopedia,as soon I I find it I will look into what your saying his symptoms are.
You did say he got his spur caught in the fence an was hanging there if I'm not mistaken

That would be great.. thank you. :)

You did say he got his spur caught in the fence an was hanging there if I'm not mistaken

Yes my other rooster had him cornered and he broke both of his spurs off. They did not bleed or anything. But a few weeks later is when he started hopping.

Tell you what I think after verification he has a torn tendon and that could months to heal.its obvious.he can rase it ,hold an extend it so you know it is still attached.

I will keep my fingers and toes crossed that he heals up. I will try anything.. going to Chang up his diet a bit.. try a swing.. going to be hard with that one because he is s big bugger ... keep giving him meds and pray. :(

No not yet.. it will probably take a few weeks to see it there is any change.. he will not stand for the sling thing.. he moves around to much and keeps tipping himself over.. :/

I am really hoping that your rooster gets better. Wyorp Rock has made a good point that he needs to be happy if this is his last year on earth. You sound like a very caring person. We get pretty attached to our roosters and chickens. Since the sling didn't work out, you might want to check into a chicken wheelchair, (Google for pictures,)but that might not please him either. I would just try to keep him comfortable and well nourished as you are doing.

Back
Top Bottom