Hurt foot - I feel AWFUL!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by quiltnchik, Jun 19, 2009.

1. quiltnchik

quiltnchik Songster

May 19, 2009
    Virginia
    A woman just came to pick up one of my roos and, after I had taken him out of the run, I closed the door and caught the toe of one of my other roos (I didn't realize he was trying to come out). He screamed and I re-opened the door. I went back to check on him and he was holding his foot up, but when I checked, I didn't see any broken skin and the bone doesn't look broken, though the toe is swollen a bit. Is there anything I can do for him, or will it heal itself over time? I feel just AWFUL about hurting one of my babies! [​IMG]

2. quiltnchik

quiltnchik Songster

May 19, 2009
    Virginia
    Anyone?

3. kitkatbahr

kitkatbahr Songster

Apr 25, 2009
    Merritt Island, FL
    Sorry, I don't know what to tell you, but hopefully someone will come along soon and know what to do.

Hope he feels better soon!

4. Judy

Judy Crowing

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    I imagine he will heal just fine on his own.

5. quiltnchik

quiltnchik Songster

May 19, 2009
    Virginia
    I just went out to check him again and he's walking and running fine on it. I guess it just stung for a while (kinda' like when we shut our fingers in a door). He's my "special ed" roo (his tail cocks off to one side and he looks like he's walking sideways sometimes) and I hated that I was the one that hurt him. He's just such a sweetheart!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: