1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hurt Hen- Pecked by my other hens

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by browntownfarm, Feb 24, 2015.

1. browntownfarm

browntownfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2015
    Hey there. I got a new hen about 3 weeks ago. i have been introducing her to my other 3 hens. I put her in the coop because yesterday they all seemed fine together. This morning she has feathers missing on the back of her neck and blood from where they had pecked her. I have seperated them again but is there anything I can put on her wound to help her heal? I dont know why it is taking so long for them to accept her. I read before it only took about a week.

2. Chicky Crazy

Chicky Crazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2013
    To help it heal you could put peck no more lotion on it which also tastes bad when other hens peck at it. I suggest keeping her in a crate in the yard and let out the other chickens. This way they can be around eachother without getting hurt.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by