Hurt Pigeon :::: bear.....NJ?NJ?PA?CT? HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by thewarriorchild, Aug 29, 2008.

1. thewarriorchild

thewarriorchild Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    Ringwood area, NJ
    I am assuming this pigeon got hurt in our bear attack. It has a hole in its chest which I believe goes into its crop. THe only reason I noticed the damage was because food was all downt he front if it. My first thought was gross guts, then I realized the mush was food and it was coming out of the hole in its chest. This is a young bird, and I am sure most of you will not think it is going to make it. It seems very healthy (a trait of birds I know) other than this issue. I fled the woods because we are scared and needed a break and here we come home to this! We are down to eight pigeons. I realize they will breed like rabbits. I need to try and save this bird, can anyone help me? I could come to you. I am so done...this is SO exhausting!
    Thanks for any help you can give.

2. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Aww, I'm so sorry. What a terrible thing to live with. I can't help with your pigeon, but you may want to check out the sticky thread on the crop operation. I would imagine it will have helpful info on how to close it. Good luck and I hope someone else nearby can come help you.

Jody

3. thewarriorchild

thewarriorchild Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    Ringwood area, NJ
    I did check out the thread... at least I have hope [​IMG] Thanks [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by