Husband banned me from going to TSC and Orschelns

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by conny63malies, Feb 19, 2013.

1. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    My hubby deceided that he needed to ban me from going to those stores for the next three month now that have chicks in the store. We are still living in Ft Knox and cant have any chickens. He said i get grumpy when i cant take chicks home. [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. fduncan

fduncan Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2012
    Northwest Colorado
    I so feel your pain my husband has banned me from Murdochs when chicks start coming . I brought home over 70 last year . They kept going on sale and I just couldnt help bringing a few home every time I went to town lol

3. Bill 101

Bill 101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2013
    Oregon
    [​IMG] Does that even give you a clue as to why he might ban you ???????????????

4. fduncan

fduncan Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2012
    Northwest Colorado
    Nope no clue why he would ban me from bringing home adorable chicks every time I go to town lol

5. cafarmgirl

cafarmgirl Overrun With Chickens

Same here. I'm really not supposed to go into TSC, or pretty much any feed store around here, this time of year! Although I always slip in anyway! One year chicks kept coming home with me, three times in a row, all within a week, darn things, DH was getting concerned! But now my coops are full, no room for any more right now, so hubby thinks he's safe for the time being. Silly man, chick's are for ME!

6. ben is a terror

ben is a terror Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2011
    LBI,NJ & JIM THORPE,PA
    farm auction starts next month oooooooo ahhhhhh I NEED to go. Kids are not laying right now so I need eggs. Flowers are starting to arrive. Gardening stuff. It's only 1/2 hour away. It's not my fault they have chicks. [​IMG]

7. RonC

RonC Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2012
    D/FW
    Had to ban myself from TSC. I can do this. Must not go, keep repeating, must not go.

8. ben is a terror

ben is a terror Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2011
    LBI,NJ & JIM THORPE,PA
    But you have to get feed don't ya

9. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Ben, actually right now we are poultry less. But my husband should retire by the end of the year from the US Army and then we will get some. Looking to get some chickens in the late fall and maybea few Pekin ducks and next year I will get geese and whateveri can think off. Plus a big old garden

10. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    I do have to get feed........that's the hard part! I've been seeing the bins and lights set up for chicks, and last time I heard peeping! I didn't even go LOOK at them, cause I am flat tapped for space. I'm actually thinking of asking my honey to go buy feed for the next few months! Course, he wants me to be happy, and our Grange always has a week when they give away chicks with purchasing a bag of feed...I need to tell him NO CHICKS this season! I have broody girls who will hatch my own chicks for me, gotta stay strong!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by