Husband banned me from going to TSC and Orschelns

I do have to get feed........that's the hard part! I've been seeing the bins and lights set up for chicks, and last time I heard peeping! I didn't even go LOOK at them, cause I am flat tapped for space. I'm actually thinking of asking my honey to go buy feed for the next few months! Course, he wants me to be happy, and our Grange always has a week when they give away chicks with purchasing a bag of feed...I need to tell him NO CHICKS this season! I have broody girls who will hatch my own chicks for me, gotta stay strong!!!
Free chicks with feed purchase?! That's just too easy and too fun... Where's this at? No, no, never mind. Please, do NOT post that information!

Well the good thing is that my husband was told yesterday that they will do anotherMEP (medical evaluation process) because of new medical problems. So by the end of the year he should be out the Army. I can order for a november delivery.

Last edited:
Just figured I'd say it can take a LONG time to be separated from the Army. Took 2 years for my husband. I moved back home and went back again after we realized how long it would take. That was at Campbell, maybe it's different at Knox. Be sure he has everything documented for the VA exit process, it'll fast track the process. Anything left out will take YEARS. My husband is 1 year into his re-evaluation now. It's very strange being civilian, let me tell you. I always feel like we need to move or go somewhere.

I'm also banned from feed stores in the Spring. LOL We order our feed through a farm so that keeps me away. But is it terrible that I timed the run for shavings to be during chick days? And snuck 100 lbs of starter onto the feed order?

Bypassed the ban anyways by getting fertile eggs from a neighbor. Looks like I'm the proud new owner of 4 pullets and 2 cockerels, Swedish Flower Hens. "But honey, he gave me the eggs for free! How could I refuse?"

Just figured I'd say it can take a LONG time to be separated from the Army. Took 2 years for my husband. I moved back home and went back again after we realized how long it would take. That was at Campbell, maybe it's different at Knox. Be sure he has everything documented for the VA exit process, it'll fast track the process. Anything left out will take YEARS. My husband is 1 year into his re-evaluation now. It's very strange being civilian, let me tell you. I always feel like we need to move or go somewhere.

I'm also banned from feed stores in the Spring. LOL We order our feed through a farm so that keeps me away. But is it terrible that I timed the run for shavings to be during chick days? And snuck 100 lbs of starter onto the feed order?

Bypassed the ban anyways by getting fertile eggs from a neighbor. Looks like I'm the proud new owner of 4 pullets and 2 cockerels, Swedish Flower Hens. "But honey, he gave me the eggs for free! How could I refuse?"
He already went through a MEP a year back and he choose COAD. BUt they found somemore stuff . They quoted him up to 6-12month yesterday. He was already quoted 60% . But with the new stuff he will prob. go up to 70%. I always tell him that if he was a horse we'd have to shoot him. Bad ankles, knees, arthritis, limited range of motion in both wrists/shoulders, type 2 diabetes, high BP, high cholesterol (even with meds still issues) chronic headaches and some more assorted issues. Back to the chicks, he brought up Buckeye chickens (his fav. college team) and since we are in Ky we also should get Bourbon Red Turkeys next year. And THAT came from him.!!! I just have to build the coop myself since he is not patient enough.

You are so much stronger than I I her PEEP and I'm done. But I do look at my flock and say no more ladies cause Mommy loves you. I did do good last auction and passed up baby bunnies and a pot bell pig who went for $12.00.

You are so much stronger than I I her PEEP and I'm done. But I do look at my flock and say no more ladies cause Mommy loves you. I did do good last auction and passed up baby bunnies and a pot bell pig who went for $12.00.
Oh Lordy , livestock auctions. My weakness. We used to go one in Rogers Ohio(before we moved a few times) . It was sooo hard not buying stuff.
for right now i am keeping myself busy building a coop, attached run and a brooder. Trying to convince myself that i dont have to build the mini breeder coop this year, but we all know how this is going to play out.
lau.gif
there is just too much lumber in the garage

My husband hasn't banned me from going to TSC, but he hates when I go. He knows I can't contain myself. I get my chicken stuff there. I buy feed from the feed mill now, so I don't need to go as often. The chicks days is going to be hard unless buy scratch somewhere else.

My husband hasn't banned me from going to TSC, but he hates when I go. He knows I can't contain myself. I get my chicken stuff there. I buy feed from the feed mill now, so I don't need to go as often. The chicks days is going to be hard unless buy scratch somewhere else.

My gal is the same way!!!
gig.gif
I can always find a reason to stop and look at something we "need" for the chickens!!

Back
Top Bottom